Sunday, June 10, 2012

Broadway rig finished and friend happy


So not much to report on the Reiter rig yet, still need to get the hard drive shipped out. Work has put me on temporary layoff because they hired too many people back in December and it's now getting slow (because of summer). A bit of a downer, but at least I can collect EI while I figure out what to do at this point. I finished up the Broadway rig last week, got good Memtest86+ (2 passes) and Prime95 for 24 hours so I deemed it stable. Friend picked it up last Thursday and has never been happier playing games with a decent frame rate. Not too much else to talk about right now, another one of the XAF fans was annoying me yesterday and vibrating a bit, but seems to be fixed right now anyway. I was a bit skeptical about the blade design, and it's starting to show that it's not really a good working design. All I can say is next I'm getting Bit Fenix fans when the other XAF fan starts annoying me again. I'm not going to necessarily dock Xigmatek for fans in general, the more traditional blade shapes seem to work fine, just the XAF blade shape doesn't seem to be doing much of what it's supposed to anyway. I may use the fans again in another case or something in the future for a build or something, but right now I'm just dealing with the deformed one by unplugging it and hoping that the other doesn't start freaking out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment