Monday, May 28, 2012

New Mail + Looking at HCG-620W and Reiter rig


So today in the mail I was graced with the HCG-620M for the Reiter rig, as well as the I/O Shield for the Broadway rig. The I/O Shield came a bit bent up but I managed to straighten it out with my trusty pair of double sided pliers. I installed the I/O Shield into the system and it makes it look a bit cleaner on the back now.

On Friday I got a slip in the mail for another package and picked it up on Saturday (May 26th). To my surprise, it was my 30g tube of Prolimatech PK-1 thermal paste. It was shipped from Ireland! I was actually kinda surprised and wondered what lie in the package until I opened it and was graced with the 30g tube. I have tons of other thermal pastes, but who could pass up a deal of 30 bucks (plus shipping) for 30g of thermal paste. And the Prolimatech stuff is pretty decent as well, with a thermal conductivity of 10.2W/m-°C and overall excellent performance. Comparing that to a 13 dollar Arctic Silver 5 4g tube, I would have to say that it's definitely a better deal. Because I use so much thermal paste while building systems and also for renewing the thermal paste in my own rig (which is something you should do every few years to make sure that your heat-sink performs the best that it can) getting a massive tube like this is a fair bit more cost effective. I have tried a numerous amounts of thermal pastes and am looking forward to using the Proliamtech for everything in the future. I've tried others like Tuniq TX-4 (which has horrible shelf life btw), Arctic MX-4, Gelid GC-Extreme, Xigmatek PTI-G4512, Xigmatek PTI-G3606, and of course Arctic Silver 5 (which makes a huge mess when you go to clean it off a cpu). Out of those, I preferred the MX-4, it spread on easily and had good thermal performance, but now that I have the Prolimatech stuff I'm sure that I'll enjoy using it over the others I have. That being said, I'm going to eventually use up the left over tubes of my other thermal pastes as I need to.


Click Here To Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment