Wednesday, August 29, 2012

An update on the Gigabyte GTX 670 OC and the Oh Baby Rig

I've been meaning to do the Oh Baby! rig build post for a while but haven't managed to get to it yet as it's got  approx 90 pictures of building content so it's been on the backburner for a bit. As for the Gigabyte GTX 670, I popped in MSI Afterburner and overclocked the GPU to 1147MHz Core Clock and 1850MHz Memory Clock (3700MHz effective). I have yet to load Arkham City back up to do another benchmark, but considering it's performing at almost stock GTX 680 clocks, it should be a fair bit of an improvement over the out of the box clocks. I have yet to see if I can push the clocks any higher in terms of the core clock, but I know that with the memory clock of 1900MHz the card will crash, so 1850MHz seems like the stable limit for the most part. I may explore overclocking the core clock more though in the future, but for now it certainly is a good set of numbers. I also scaled back the Power Limit from 100% to 98% just so it doesn't overpeak the core clock. Hopefully I can get to the benchmark and Oh Baby! rig post by the end of this week though so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment