Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Update on the Kentsfield Build

So I have received most of the parts for the build (which I will be dubbing the Kentsfield rig). All that's left to receive is the rig (was on backorder as the Merc Beta rigs are being discontinued) and the CPU. After receiving the Gigabyte GA-EP43T-UD3L board I then installed the Corsair XMS3 DDR3 RAM into the board. One thing that is nice about the GA-EP43T-UD3L is that it uses DDR3 RAM even though it's a LGA775 board (hence why I chose it). NCIX has informed me that they aren't carrying any more Merc Beta rigs and have no more in stock. As such I've changed the order to the Alpha version (which I will use for a different system). I have decided because I cannot get the Merc Beta rig, I am using an Antec VSK-4000 rig for the Kentsfield build. As the Merc Alpha has top fan mounts, I feel it would offset the aesthetic look I'm going for when building the rig that's why I have decided to go with the more streamlined look of the VSK-4000. In the meantime while waiting for the rest of the parts, here's some pics of the parts I've received so far:
A bunch of parts for the Kentsfield rig
The fans for the Kentsfield rig
The GA-EP43T-UD3L equipped with the XMS3 RAM

No comments:

Post a Comment