Saturday, July 28, 2012

Corsair Carbide 300R Mid Tower ATX case


So I've decided to start the posts about my friend's Oh Baby! computer by talking about a couple of the parts that are used in the build. Firstly I will be talking about the Corsair Carbide 300R Mid Tower ATX case. The rig cost 65 dollars (not including tax or shipping and on sale from 90 dollars at Newegg.ca) not including a 15 dollar mail-in rebate. I don't like to rely on mail-in rebates as the deciding factor of price of the rig because sometimes the mail-in rebate does not get fulfilled. For a 65 dollar rig that is normally 90 dollars, I expected a bit more from Corsair on this one. There's a few things missing that should have been included with the rig especially considering it's price range. That being said, it does still have some very nice features to which I will be going over in this overview of the Corsair Carbide 300R Mid Tower ATX case. 


Click Here To Read More

2 comments:

  1. Hey.. I've recently bought this case, and the whole standoff thing has really confused me! When you mounted your mobo, did you put any like, insulating material (like a plastic washer or some electrical tape) between the mobo and the raised standoffs? People online seem to say that's a good idea, but it seems kinda pointless to me considering the screw will still be in contact with the metal haha.. what did you do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not put anything behind the board. The motherboard tray is grounded to the case so putting something insulating behind the motherboard will just increase heat. The motherboard doesn't actually touch the tray itself except for the mounting holes unless you have a really shoddily soldered motherboard.

    ReplyDelete