Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Got some of the parts today!

Well today I was woken up to a massive box placed at my bed by my dad (who I thank for answering the door). All that's missing at this point is the case, CPU and DVDRW drive. Today I received a MSI Z77A-GD65 LGA1155 motherboard, a EVGA GTX 560 DS 1GB GPU, an OCZ ZT 750w PSU, a Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 60GB SSD, a Patriot G2 8GB dual channel kit (2x4GB), and a Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme heat-sink all for the computer we're dubbing the Oh Baby! computer (an inside joke with my friends).
Most of the Oh Baby! parts
I'm a bit disappointed that the Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme box is an OEM box, because I have ordered one in the past (mind you it was a few years ago) that came in a nicely packaged and decorated box. But it's not what's on the packaging that matters as much as what's on the inside of it. Just wish that they would go back to that packaging in the future as it is more professional looking and shows that Tuniq means business.
The OEM new box on the left and the old box on the right
For myself, I ordered the IceWind Pro heatsink as well as a Silicon Power 32GB flash drive (because I needed a drive with more storage than 4GB so I can store seasons of TV Shows on it without running out of space).
The IceWind Pro heat-sink and Silicon Power 32GB flash drive
The case, CPU and DVDRW should hopefully be here by the end of the week and then I can dedicate an entire article to how it was built. In the meantime, I will also be covering in a separate article on the installation of the IceWind Pro into the DFI system as well as seeing how good it overclocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment