Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Updates and Why you should get a second opinion

So over the last few days I've been helping one of my mom's Avon customers with a bunch of computer problems that they have been dealing with through another company (which will not be named here). The employee that was supposed to deal with all their issues has been lazy and lying about work he's done and has had poor performance across the board thus far. I'm glad they're finishing dealing with him because not only does it make their life easier only having to deal with me (of which I'm pretty much available 24/7) and am willing to actually do work assuming I'm not sick to my stomach or something that day. They have been overcharged on parts that they don't need for their systems and are getting billed for stuff that hasn't even been done. This is why you should always get a second opinion and look around whenever possible to weed out sketchy computer technicians.

Now, on to updates on the Reiter rig. I've gotten Windows 7 64-bit all up to date on the system and have installed several other programs. Everything seems stable thus far, but have yet to do a Prime95 test because I've been busy with other things around the house and the previously mentioned help with the Avon customer. That being said, everything is definitely shaping up on the system and it is near ready to go, just want to cross the T's and dot the I's to make sure that as soon as it leaves my hands it'll be stable for the friend I'm building it for without any hiccups.

Other than that, not much else to talk about right now. Been busy collecting NES games to play on my recently purchased Retro Duo and playing a lot of League of Legends on PC. Ghost Recon Future Soldier still doesn't work on my system (hasn't worked since day one) which I purchased through Steam (at least not through my account). Input of WASD and my mouse both don't function at all. There is a work around where if I create a separate user I can play it no problem, but I shouldn't have to do that to circumvent an  issue that shouldn't be there in the first place. I passed Max Payne 3, the story was pretty decent and loved the visual style of the cut-scenes. Multiplayer is a bit unbalanced though, with higher level people being pretty much godly by comparison to lower leveled people so that's a bit disappointing but when you do find a game where it's pretty much balanced, it's got decent replay ability, but I wish Rockstar would have some sort of balance filter in play so you could choose to play just with people of plus or minus 3 levels from you or so before it goes and dumps you into a game with 8 level 40 players and you just get your butt handed to you. In any case, I'll just have to tough it out till I can get to a respectable rank so that I don't constantly die from sniper rifles (which are extremely over-powered by the way).

No comments:

Post a Comment